Novelteak: Teak Virtuous Cycle
Novelteak has its operations fully integrated, from seed selection to final product. Being a fully integrated operations means your company can trust we can deliver because we control every stage of the production process, from the quality improvement of future wood through careful selection of better seeds, to FSC™ certified forest management operation, and to FSC™ industrial processing and delivery of fully sustainable Teak products to the world.
1. Seed selection: Improving future quality of teak. Investment in genetic improvement, nursery, silviculture and teak research is central to Novelteak long term strategy. Company works with a base of more than 250 genotypes which are tested year round in diferent locations.
2. Nursery: Growing Teak. Nursery operates 1500m2 of greenhouse area and produces 500.000 plants per year. Here the genotypes are received multiplied and nurtured until they are ready to be planted. A full complete cycle from a new Genotype to an established plantation with new clones may take up to 3 years.
3. FSC™ Plantation operations: With +17.000 ha of land and more than 7.000 ha producing according FSC™ standards, Novelteak is the 2nd biggest teak producer and exporter of America.
4. FSC™ Manufacturing: Adding value to Teak. The industry is located in Peñas Blancas, Costa Rica, on a 2ha facility over paved roads that includes a yard, administration oces and the production facility.
5. FSC™ Teak finished products: Commodities. Novelteak has become one of the preferred suppliers for manufacturers around the world not only because of our commitment with sustainable forestry, but also because of our commitment with quality, and our actual and future capacity to source high volumes of teak in consistent dimensions and grading.